Big Trek in the Picos de Europa Hut to Hut
Cangas de Onís (Asturias), Cangas de Onis
The “Big Trek” tour is suitable for those Hill Walkers who enjoy trekking “hut to hut” and challenging walks at higher altitudes over tougher longer routes. Ideal for experienced walkers.
The Central or Urrielu Massif of the Picos de Europa is with no doubt, the wildest and spectacular scenery in the National Park. The highest peaks of the National Park are in this massif, Torrecerredo (2,650 m) and its iconic peak, Naranjo de Bulnes or Pico Urriellu.
• Sleep to the base of the iconic peak of Naranjo de Bulnes
• Hike a stunning landscape affords unique views in the heart of the Picos de Europa
• Experience a breath-taking part of the moon scenery of this National Park.
• Enjoy the best sunset in Picos de Europa, sleeping in Collado Jermoso Refuge.
• See a rich and varied fauna. Among other species, there are Chamois, Griffon vultures, Eagles, etc.
This tour gives you all of that, the walking is one part of it, the cultural & environmental experiences are the others.
The price includes
- 3 nights at Collado Jermoso, Urriellu and Cabrones huts.
- 3 Breakfast.
- 3 dinners.
- All transport and listed activities.
- Guides – English speaking qualified/certified/approved guides
- Insurances (walkers fully insured) and taxes
- From 25th 28th July
- From 16th to 19th August
- From 6th to 9th September
- From 20th to 23rd September
Hikers with mountain experience and fit.
Hikers confident walking for several days with demanding ascents and descents.
Terrain: Not well-marked paths and sometimes is necessary to do a little scramble.
Day 1: Valcabao – Collado Jermoso 8Km ⇑ 700m ⇓400 m
Day 2: Collado Jermoso – Vega de Urriello 10Km ⇑800m ⇓850m
Day 3:Vega de Urriello- Jou de los Cabrones 6Km ⇑750m ⇓550m
Day 4: Jou de los Cabrones – Poncebos 8,5Km ⇓1.780m
- The minimum number necessary to complete a tour is 4 clients. The tour company Rumbo a Picos reserves the right to cancel the tour if there are not a sufficient number of participants, up to 15 days prior to the tour start date. In the event of such cancellation, participants shall be refunded 100% of the payments they have made to the tour company Rumbo a Picos. The refund shall be made by Bank Transfer to the client’s bank account within 7 days of the notified cancellation.
- In Asturias, the weather is very changeable and rain is quite frequent. The activity will only be cancelled if the weather conditions are dangerous for the activity.
Rumbo a Picos
15 Román Romano St. (La Estación Hostel)
+34 985 401 458 – +34 610 528 111
- Advance requested: 20%
A deposit of 20% per person is required to reserve a place on the tour. The deposit can be made by credit card.
Final payment must be made not later than 30 days before the tour start date.
- Cancellation without charge until 15 days before.
- The tour company Rumbo a Picos reserves the right to cancel the tour if there are not a sufficient number of participants, up to 15 days prior to the tour start date.
- The tour company Rumbo a Picos will offer an alternative price depending on the number of people signed up.
- In the event of such cancellation, participants shall be refunded 100% of the payments they have made to the tour company Rumbo a Picos. The refund shall be made by Bank Transfer to the client’s bank account within 7 days of the notified cancellation.
- If the client cancels his/her booking up to 15 days prior to the start date of the tour, the tour company will refund to the client all payments received by the company from the client.
- If the client cancels his/her booking within 15 days of the start date the tour company will not make any refund to the client.